Thursday, February 21, 2008

Good morning everyone,
I hope my daugher, Dragonfly doesn't mind. This was written my her, for me for mother's day. The date was May 14, 2000.

Sometimes a bunny is more than a bunny.

Most look and see something
old, a worn and ragged
rabbit named Whiskers who doesn't
actually have any whiskers.
His stuffing migrates
to his feet and he is beyond
needing a bath.

But he is not just fabric
and fur, He whispers
without speaking, hugs without
moving, loves without a beating
heart. Without a mouth
he smiles. And even in the dark,
you see.

Thanks Dragonfly. What a wonderful memory you have given me of Whiskers. He will live in my heart forever and this poem will too.

2 comments:

painted maypole said...

Crazy Grandma Judi! Welcome to the blogosphere!!!! I believe i met the fair Whiskers, and he was a loved bunny, indeed.

Kat said...

Welcome to bloggy land! I just came over from your daughter's blog and wanted to say "hi"!
I love your header picture. Just adorable!